The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which rose 1.58% or 0.480 points to trade at 30.860 at the close. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) added 1.52% or 1.60 points to end at 106.55 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) was up 1.29% or 0.164 points to 12.836 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 2.38% or 0.385 points to trade at 15.800 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 1.22% or 0.330 points to end at 26.750 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 1.19% or 0.096 points to 8.004.
The top performers on the MDAX were Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which rose 10.53% to 93.070, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was up 4.41% to settle at 0.38 and MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which gained 3.52% to close at 138.30.
The worst performers were Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which was down 2.96% to 30.490 in late trade, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which lost 1.55% to settle at 73.500 and Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was down 1.53% to 109.500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 4.03% to 98.100, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 3.46% to settle at 12.260 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which gained 2.94% to close at 28.000.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 6.04% to 9.584 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 2.36% to settle at 14.465 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 2.04% to 81.650 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 466 to 262 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.29% to 20.69.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.32% or 4.30 to $1353.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.23% or 0.14 to hit $60.74 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.64% or 0.41 to trade at $63.95 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.22% to 1.2477, while EUR/GBP fell 0.17% to 0.8881.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 88.73.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.