Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.08%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Utilities and Retail sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.08%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.60%, and the TecDAX index added 1.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.51% or 3.650 points to trade at 148.800 at the close. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) added 1.73% or 2.900 points to end at 170.100 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 1.48% or 0.140 points to 9.593 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 2.47% or 0.300 points to trade at 11.835 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.71% or 2.16 points to end at 124.00 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 1.65% or 0.103 points to 6.138.
The top performers on the MDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 2.45% to 85.850, Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which was up 2.31% to settle at 34.6000 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 2.30% to close at 21.770.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 2.37% to 74.14 in late trade, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which lost 2.16% to settle at 6.348 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 1.98% to 46.000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which rose 4.00% to 20.56, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 2.99% to settle at 7.745 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 2.51% to close at 148.800.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 1.45% to 33.98 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 1.41% to settle at 15.390 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 1.35% to 23.440 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 375 to 311 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.95% to 16.66.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.37% or 4.85 to $1333.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 3.87% or 2.07 to hit $51.41 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 2.57% or 1.59 to trade at $60.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1234, while EUR/GBP fell 0.08% to 0.8851.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 97.200.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or