Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.10%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Software and Media sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.10% to hit a new 6-month high, while the MDAX index gained 0.63%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 2.09% or 1.520 points to trade at 74.420 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.46% or 0.740 points to end at 51.560 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) was up 1.12% or 1.500 points to 135.250 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 3.51% or 2.16 points to trade at 59.38 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 2.69% or 4.12 points to end at 149.14 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 2.10% or 0.270 points to 12.570.
The top performers on the MDAX were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which rose 4.03% to 567.50, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was up 2.91% to settle at 61.850 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which gained 2.72% to close at 8.111.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 3.73% to 43.150 in late trade, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which lost 3.38% to settle at 24.610 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 2.15% to 79.36 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 8.57% to 9.50, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was up 3.84% to settle at 51.400 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which gained 2.03% to close at 36.180.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.58% to 8.865 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 2.06% to settle at 20.000 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 1.70% to 14.460 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 405 to 297 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.12% to 13.97.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.58% or 7.45 to $1281.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.38% or 0.24 to hit $63.54 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.28% or 0.20 to trade at $71.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.28% to 1.1179, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8643.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 97.605.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or