Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.18%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Telecoms , Utilities and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.18%, while the MDAX index gained 0.10%, and the TecDAX index added 0.75%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 3.78% or 0.316 points to trade at 8.684 at the close. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) added 3.28% or 0.425 points to end at 13.395 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 2.39% or 2.60 points to 111.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 2.13% or 0.590 points to trade at 27.130 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.52% or 3.50 points to end at 226.80 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) shed 1.46% or 0.190 points to 12.854.
The top performers on the MDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 9.27% to 0.37, Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was up 3.84% to settle at 15.700 and Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which gained 3.55% to close at 32.400.
The worst performers were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 7.55% to 56.950 in late trade, Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which lost 2.37% to settle at 60.900 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 2.33% to 68.700 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 12.67% to 27.560, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 8.71% to settle at 14.845 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which gained 3.79% to close at 13.700.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.44% to 18.000 in late trade, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which lost 1.65% to settle at 98.740 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 1.58% to 46.240 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 385 to 332 and 86 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.56% to 18.78.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.16% or 2.10 to $1330.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.34% or 0.84 to hit $63.61 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.17% or 0.78 to trade at $67.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.25% to 1.2299, while EUR/GBP fell 0.43% to 0.8800.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 89.78.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or