The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 2.65% or 5.00 points to trade at 193.90 at the close. Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) added 1.57% or 3.0500 points to end at 196.8500 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.45% or 1.48 points to 103.48 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 5.82% or 0.641 points to trade at 10.365 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 2.68% or 0.302 points to end at 10.978 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) shed 1.44% or 2.76 points to 189.50.
The top performers on the MDAX were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which rose 8.20% to 93.420, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 2.59% to settle at 53.820 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which gained 2.50% to close at 52.50.
The worst performers were Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 5.41% to 12.77 in late trade, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which lost 2.78% to settle at 59.500 and Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which was down 2.13% to 11.0100 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 4.23% to 61.650, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was up 3.32% to settle at 37.300 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which gained 2.99% to close at 15.860.
The worst performers were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 3.81% to 94.650 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 1.39% to settle at 12.425 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 1.36% to 109.200 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 383 to 304 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.74% to 15.55.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.07% or 0.90 to $1289.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.41% or 0.29 to hit $71.02 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.26% or 0.20 to trade at $78.23 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.46% to 1.1784, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8747.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 93.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.