The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 4.17% or 1.710 points to trade at 42.710 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 2.64% or 3.500 points to end at 135.950 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.99% or 2.050 points to 104.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which lost 4.16% or 1.050 points to trade at 24.220 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 2.81% or 1.78 points to end at 61.63 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 1.49% or 0.114 points to 7.530.
The top performers on the MDAX were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which rose 5.86% to 41.940, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was up 4.29% to settle at 34.540 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 3.93% to close at 17.970.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which was down 17.31% to 2.966 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 5.67% to settle at 68.580 and Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was down 2.13% to 86.86 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Takkt AG O.N. (DE: TTKG ) which rose 3.52% to 12.940, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 2.40% to settle at 44.320 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which gained 2.11% to close at 24.180.
The worst performers were Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which was down 17.48% to 2.960 in late trade, Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which lost 4.15% to settle at 3.12 and Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which was down 3.99% to 122.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 356 to 353 and 70 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.90% to 20.46.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.41% or 5.10 to $1258.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.92% or 1.36 to hit $47.96 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.26% or 1.27 to trade at $57.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.55% to 1.1425, while EUR/GBP rose 0.36% to 0.9021.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.49% at 96.093.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.