The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 2.94% or 0.318 points to trade at 11.116 at the close. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) added 1.63% or 3.20 points to end at 199.00 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.42% or 0.300 points to 21.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 4.19% or 3.560 points to trade at 81.320 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 1.01% or 0.090 points to end at 8.848 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 0.97% or 1.66 points to 169.44.
The top performers on the MDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 2.79% to 37.540, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 2.61% to settle at 13.38 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which gained 2.07% to close at 42.800.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 12.60% to 0.15 in late trade, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which lost 3.29% to settle at 13.540 and Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 2.18% to 9.408 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which rose 3.42% to 31.480, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was up 2.85% to settle at 27.020 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 2.50% to close at 143.500.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.48% to 34.10 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 1.90% to settle at 9.584 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 1.35% to 15.740 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 407 to 293 and 74 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.95% to 14.98.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.96% or 12.90 to $1325.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.34% or 0.23 to hit $68.17 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.18% or 0.13 to trade at $74.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.58% to 1.2217, while EUR/GBP fell 0.23% to 0.8756.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.59% at 90.61.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.