Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.27%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Media sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.27% to hit a new 6-month high, while the MDAX index gained 0.29%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.69%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 3.68% or 4.750 points to trade at 133.750 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 2.85% or 4.24 points to end at 153.26 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was up 2.61% or 1.295 points to 50.820 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 1.85% or 0.138 points to trade at 7.341 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 1.61% or 0.210 points to end at 12.840 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 1.00% or 0.45 points to 44.48.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 4.02% to 90.6500, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was up 3.66% to settle at 40.75 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which gained 3.61% to close at 7.896.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 6.84% to 44.820 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 3.44% to settle at 86.900 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 2.38% to 40.170 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which rose 6.73% to 49.500, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 4.02% to settle at 90.650 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 3.68% to close at 133.750.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 3.44% to 86.900 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 2.48% to settle at 20.420 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 2.21% to 154.700 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 390 to 312 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.59% to 13.68.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.81% or 10.35 to $1290.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 3.71% or 2.42 to hit $62.79 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 3.77% or 2.80 to trade at $71.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.28% to 1.1161, while EUR/GBP rose 0.04% to 0.8630.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.27% at 97.657.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or