The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 4.35% or 4.800 points to trade at 115.100 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 1.71% or 0.225 points to end at 13.410 and Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) was up 1.48% or 1.40 points to 95.84 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 2.75% or 1.380 points to trade at 48.740 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 1.33% or 0.90 points to end at 67.00 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 1.10% or 1.020 points to 91.420.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which rose 3.59% to 138.60, Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was up 3.38% to settle at 39.100 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which gained 2.46% to close at 479.50.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 2.81% to 142.000 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 2.36% to settle at 2.933 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 2.08% to 91.7000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which rose 4.07% to 2.00, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 3.61% to settle at 9.5340 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 3.39% to close at 35.380.
The worst performers were Adler Real Estate AG (DE: ADLG ) which was down 8.18% to 12.80 in late trade, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which lost 4.58% to settle at 50.000 and Sixt AG ST O.N. (DE: SIXG ) which was down 2.43% to 78.250 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 394 to 289 and 101 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.49% to 16.03.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.45% or 5.95 to $1333.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.74% or 0.42 to hit $57.38 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.18% or 0.12 to trade at $67.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.10% to 1.1345, while EUR/GBP fell 0.03% to 0.8679.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 96.328.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.