The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which rose 3.11% or 0.890 points to trade at 29.480 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.58% or 0.275 points to end at 17.725 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 1.58% or 2.95 points to 190.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.54% or 0.208 points to trade at 13.270 in late trade. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) declined 1.52% or 1.520 points to end at 98.480 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 1.21% or 1.180 points to 96.500.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 2.78% to 172.10, Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which was up 2.53% to settle at 90.760 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 2.36% to close at 41.600.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 5.73% to 0.41 in late trade, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which lost 1.76% to settle at 16.465 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was down 1.72% to 111.500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 6.51% to 138.200, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was up 5.77% to settle at 80.700 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 3.76% to close at 12.280.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 6.08% to 10.510 in late trade, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which lost 3.86% to settle at 52.300 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 3.58% to 13.200 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 397 to 318 and 98 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.03% to 12.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.69% or 9.10 to $1331.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.28% or 0.18 to hit $63.98 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.20% or 0.14 to trade at $69.40 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.84% to 1.2133, while EUR/GBP fell 0.27% to 0.8864.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.65% at 91.06.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.