The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which rose 2.01% or 1.140 points to trade at 57.800 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 1.62% or 2.200 points to end at 138.100 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 1.46% or 1.32 points to 91.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which lost 1.97% or 0.490 points to trade at 24.420 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 1.77% or 0.355 points to end at 19.715 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 1.38% or 0.600 points to 42.800.
The top performers on the MDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.22% to 19.620, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 3.38% to settle at 104.0000 and Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which gained 2.66% to close at 92.23.
The worst performers were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 4.77% to 43.35 in late trade, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which lost 4.07% to settle at 16.2600 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 2.93% to 15.0800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 10.95% to 0.12, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which was up 8.61% to settle at 26.480 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 4.13% to close at 17.65.
The worst performers were Deutsche Beteiligungs AG O.N. (DE: DBANn ) which was down 10.01% to 31.000 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 2.81% to settle at 8.980 and Corestate Capital Holding SA (DE: CCAG ) which was down 2.21% to 28.7500 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 390 to 305 and 84 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.88% to 19.55 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.21% or 2.75 to $1288.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.55% or 1.29 to hit $51.80 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.05% or 1.21 to trade at $60.20 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.69% to 1.1395, while EUR/GBP rose 0.20% to 0.8934.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.58% at 95.762.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.