Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.34%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Food & Beverages and Technology sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.34%, while the MDAX index gained 0.45%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 4.51% or 0.404 points to trade at 9.353 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 3.56% or 7.00 points to end at 203.40 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was up 2.79% or 1.860 points to 68.520 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 1.67% or 0.325 points to trade at 19.145 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 1.32% or 1.300 points to end at 97.200 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 0.95% or 0.085 points to 8.882.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 2.51% to 53.16, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was up 2.49% to settle at 34.580 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 2.46% to close at 45.440.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 3.48% to 129.05 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 3.09% to settle at 67.350 and Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was down 1.23% to 112.700 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 4.40% to 16.000, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 3.34% to settle at 14.530 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 3.10% to close at 283.00.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 2.24% to 34.85 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 1.12% to settle at 123.100 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 0.84% to 24.920 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 375 to 326 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.07% to 15.64.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.12% or 1.50 to $1303.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.27% or 0.83 to hit $64.69 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.57% or 0.43 to trade at $74.95 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.55% to 1.1777, while EUR/GBP rose 0.40% to 0.8782.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 93.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or