Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.35%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Retail and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.35%, while the MDAX index added 0.23%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.60%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 2.49% or 1.580 points to trade at 65.060 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.81% or 2.94 points to end at 165.54 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 1.07% or 0.88 points to 83.22 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.15% or 0.148 points to trade at 12.706 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 0.88% or 0.200 points to end at 22.480 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 0.63% or 0.105 points to 16.470.
The top performers on the MDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 9.93% to 0.41, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 4.48% to settle at 59.500 and Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which gained 2.75% to close at 69.100.
The worst performers were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 1.56% to 13.21 in late trade, Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which lost 1.42% to settle at 36.000 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 1.28% to 47.21 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which rose 3.42% to 111.900, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 3.18% to settle at 77.950 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which gained 2.47% to close at 6.230.
The worst performers were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 3.07% to 13.280 in late trade, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which lost 2.94% to settle at 264.50 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 2.94% to 3.959 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 491 to 240 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.77% to 17.88.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.19% or 2.50 to $1332.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.01% or 0.64 to hit $64.19 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.82% or 0.55 to trade at $67.59 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.06% to 1.2297, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8810.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 89.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or