Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.36%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Construction and Technology sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.36% to hit a new 1-month high, while the MDAX index gained 0.63%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.71%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 8.27% or 0.619 points to trade at 8.105 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 3.58% or 0.705 points to end at 20.420 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 2.53% or 1.140 points to 46.250 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 1.55% or 0.250 points to trade at 15.860 in late trade. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) declined 1.44% or 1.38 points to end at 94.20 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 1.10% or 1.45 points to 129.85.
The top performers on the MDAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which rose 7.42% to 6.649, Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was up 5.69% to settle at 40.710 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 4.90% to close at 81.000.
The worst performers were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 3.15% to 7.57 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 1.52% to settle at 3.044 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 1.31% to 24.040 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 9.70% to 0.13, SGL Carbon SE (DE: SGCG ) which was up 6.14% to settle at 7.005 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 5.51% to close at 8.5720.
The worst performers were Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which was down 5.95% to 116.90 in late trade, SAF Holland SA (DE: SFQN ) which lost 3.46% to settle at 10.590 and Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was down 1.61% to 6.4150 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 455 to 238 and 86 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.95% to 17.80 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.49% or 6.35 to $1294.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.33% or 0.17 to hit $51.94 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.21% or 0.13 to trade at $60.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.09% to 1.1403, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8870.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 95.648.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or