The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 2.13% or 0.500 points to trade at 23.930 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 2.05% or 0.395 points to end at 19.620 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.92% or 2.200 points to 117.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 3.73% or 3.30 points to trade at 85.06 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 0.65% or 0.150 points to end at 22.970 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 0.62% or 0.64 points to 102.72.
The top performers on the MDAX were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which rose 4.46% to 114.800, Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was up 3.71% to settle at 7.400 and CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which gained 2.16% to close at 42.560.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 7.74% to 131.80 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 1.68% to settle at 50.18 and STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which was down 1.11% to 81.840 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which rose 3.65% to 6.240, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 2.63% to settle at 136.800 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 2.46% to close at 125.000.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 6.96% to 48.380 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 3.65% to settle at 15.300 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 1.63% to 13.840 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 430 to 277 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 6.20% to 15.50.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.13% or 1.70 to $1297.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.14% or 0.75 to hit $65.06 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.30% or 1.00 to trade at $75.79 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.25% to 1.1689, while EUR/GBP rose 0.48% to 0.8779.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 94.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.