Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.37%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Technology and Construction sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.37%, while the MDAX index gained 0.61%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.43%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which rose 1.98% or 2.65 points to trade at 136.65 at the close. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) added 1.87% or 1.100 points to end at 60.060 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) was up 1.69% or 0.835 points to 50.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 4.88% or 4.970 points to trade at 96.880 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 4.53% or 0.650 points to end at 13.690 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 1.34% or 0.300 points to 22.110.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 14.32% to 40.00, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was up 7.03% to settle at 53.62 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 6.30% to close at 46.600.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 4.68% to 25.68 in late trade, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which lost 2.92% to settle at 6.223 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 1.57% to 20.120 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which rose 7.51% to 6.6550, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which was up 4.35% to settle at 30.680 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 4.07% to close at 10.315.
The worst performers were Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which was down 3.13% to 108.50 in late trade, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which lost 2.25% to settle at 1.6040 and Bertrandt AG (DE: BDTG ) which was down 1.86% to 73.750 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 410 to 296 and 72 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.03% to 16.69.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.13% or 1.75 to $1315.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 2.26% or 1.20 to hit $54.30 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 2.16% or 1.35 to trade at $63.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.35% to 1.1284, while EUR/GBP fell 0.11% to 0.8772.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 96.808.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or