The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 3.25% or 0.750 points to trade at 23.850 at the close. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 2.51% or 2.42 points to end at 98.87 and Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) was up 2.40% or 2.78 points to 118.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which lost 2.06% or 1.620 points to trade at 77.020 in late trade. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) declined 1.20% or 0.165 points to end at 13.620 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 1.15% or 0.104 points to 8.971.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which rose 3.42% to 84.580, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which was up 3.12% to settle at 74.020 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 2.21% to close at 69.350.
The worst performers were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was down 2.56% to 118.000 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 1.87% to settle at 24.1000 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 1.47% to 51.08 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 5.28% to 36.90, S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was up 3.93% to settle at 21.660 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 3.93% to close at 129.700.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 1.90% to 3.619 in late trade, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which lost 1.79% to settle at 153.40 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 1.30% to 44.120 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 380 to 321 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.99% to 14.46 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.18% or 2.40 to $1301.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.29% or 0.19 to hit $66.55 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.65% or 0.49 to trade at $76.37 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1788, while EUR/GBP rose 0.30% to 0.8810.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.29% at 93.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.