The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 2.24% or 0.450 points to trade at 20.560 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 1.94% or 1.930 points to end at 101.380 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.49% or 0.320 points to 21.830 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 1.52% or 0.151 points to trade at 9.780 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 1.18% or 1.74 points to end at 146.00 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 1.14% or 0.250 points to 21.760.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 3.56% to 58.250, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 2.91% to settle at 13.43 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which gained 2.85% to close at 43.010.
The worst performers were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was down 2.27% to 39.680 in late trade, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which lost 1.34% to settle at 26.570 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 1.18% to 38.380 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 10.99% to 11.110, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 4.45% to settle at 14.425 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which gained 2.71% to close at 64.350.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 5.34% to 54.90 in late trade, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which lost 1.61% to settle at 49.030 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 1.15% to 30.920 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 449 to 265 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.36% to 15.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.45% or 5.60 to $1261.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.45% or 0.33 to hit $73.47 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.02% or 0.79 to trade at $77.90 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1748, while EUR/GBP rose 0.49% to 0.8882.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 93.82.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.