Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.51%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Basic Resources and Technology sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.51%, while the MDAX index added 0.22%, and the TecDAX index added 0.22%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which rose 1.56% or 0.460 points to trade at 30.010 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 1.28% or 0.745 points to end at 58.995 and Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) was up 1.29% or 2.5000 points to 197.0000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 3.15% or 0.282 points to trade at 8.664 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 2.63% or 2.640 points to end at 97.760 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 0.21% or 0.045 points to 21.625.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 6.65% to 12.12, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was up 2.00% to settle at 48.00 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which gained 1.36% to close at 69.900.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 6.10% to 45.08 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 0.63% to settle at 42.630 and Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which was down 0.62% to 70.360 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which rose 1.92% to 26.60, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 1.88% to settle at 298.00 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which gained 1.43% to close at 12.800.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 3.79% to 3.658 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 1.01% to settle at 68.300 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 0.90% to 126.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 317 to 139 and 40 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.54% to 15.76.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.12% or 1.50 to $1219.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.30% or 0.21 to hit $69.22 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.49% or 0.36 to trade at $74.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.16% to 1.1572, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8930.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or