The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 2.38% or 1.67 points to trade at 71.82 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 2.29% or 3.22 points to end at 144.00 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 2.12% or 0.410 points to 19.765 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which lost 1.12% or 1.20 points to trade at 106.05 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 1.08% or 0.94 points to end at 86.40 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 0.45% or 0.040 points to 8.780.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 2.74% to 110.50, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was up 1.92% to settle at 48.96 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 1.90% to close at 37.470.
The worst performers were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 4.50% to 27.58 in late trade, Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which lost 1.46% to settle at 13.4700 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 1.28% to 64.960 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 4.54% to 188.900, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was up 4.16% to settle at 26.52 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 4.12% to close at 105.000.
The worst performers were Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which was down 0.92% to 32.220 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 0.85% to settle at 39.560 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 0.82% to 21.850 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 444 to 234 and 97 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.27% to 14.78.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.65% or 7.90 to $1200.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.04% or 0.71 to hit $69.30 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.37% or 0.29 to trade at $78.47 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.36% to 1.1648, while EUR/GBP fell 0.16% to 0.8905.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 94.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.