The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 2.09% or 1.720 points to trade at 84.100 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.90% or 1.280 points to end at 68.720 and Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) was up 1.77% or 3.7000 points to 212.8000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.24% or 0.105 points to trade at 8.329 in late trade. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) declined 0.25% or 0.070 points to end at 27.650 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.15% or 0.014 points to 9.560.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which rose 7.62% to 75.550, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 5.23% to settle at 100.350 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which gained 2.07% to close at 28.600.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 2.17% to 48.75 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 1.35% to settle at 116.75 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 1.33% to 37.970 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 3.64% to 73.950, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 3.18% to settle at 64.900 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 2.88% to close at 152.000.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.20% to 12.370 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 1.06% to settle at 33.540 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 1.06% to 9.740 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 445 to 269 and 69 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.07% to 14.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.23% or 2.90 to $1247.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.34% or 0.94 to hit $69.44 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.12% or 0.09 to trade at $73.31 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.11% to 1.1686, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8836.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 94.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.