The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 2.78% or 2.760 points to trade at 102.060 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 1.80% or 0.410 points to end at 23.190 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 1.69% or 0.72 points to 43.22 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 4.63% or 3.74 points to trade at 77.05 in late trade. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) declined 0.09% or 0.100 points to end at 111.550 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 0.05% or 0.040 points to 77.460.
The top performers on the MDAX were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which rose 6.36% to 455.75, K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which was up 2.84% to settle at 19.585 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 2.70% to close at 31.140.
The worst performers were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was down 4.79% to 141.10 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 2.17% to settle at 36.500 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was down 1.25% to 36.390 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 8.99% to 175.875, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 5.93% to settle at 20.640 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 3.38% to close at 29.940.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 1.81% to 8.364 in late trade, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which lost 1.11% to settle at 24.96 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 0.99% to 300.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 451 to 249 and 80 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 13.06% to 17.68.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.10% or 1.20 to $1186.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.57% or 0.37 to hit $65.38 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.57% or 0.40 to trade at $71.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.33% to 1.1385, while EUR/GBP rose 0.13% to 0.8950.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 96.43.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.