The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 26.24% or 25.975 points to trade at 124.975 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 3.55% or 1.670 points to end at 48.760 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) was up 2.25% or 2.220 points to 100.860 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which lost 2.32% or 1.500 points to trade at 63.220 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 1.85% or 0.450 points to end at 23.880 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) shed 1.47% or 1.010 points to 67.910.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 3.58% to 83.8000, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 2.69% to settle at 22.500 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 2.49% to close at 35.04.
The worst performers were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 1.79% to 13.1500 in late trade, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which lost 1.59% to settle at 49.500 and Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which was down 1.25% to 26.800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 26.24% to 124.975, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 5.53% to settle at 6.30 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 4.92% to close at 13.210.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 0.96% to 8.2560 in late trade, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which lost 0.64% to settle at 309.00 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 0.60% to 43.340 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 450 to 255 and 71 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.03% to 16.50.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.47% or 6.30 to $1322.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.63% or 0.96 to hit $59.78 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.60% or 0.40 to trade at $67.21 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.25% to 1.1282, while EUR/GBP fell 0.39% to 0.8531.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 96.190.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.