The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which rose 4.07% or 4.600 points to trade at 117.500 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 3.56% or 4.050 points to end at 117.900 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 2.29% or 0.295 points to 13.175 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 2.46% or 0.580 points to trade at 23.010 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 1.45% or 0.143 points to end at 9.730 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 1.22% or 1.140 points to 92.080.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 10.59% to 41.56, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 3.60% to settle at 80.550 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which gained 3.25% to close at 33.000.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 2.56% to 23.180 in late trade, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which lost 2.52% to settle at 22.44 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 1.87% to 25.250 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 3.69% to 20.500, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 3.60% to settle at 80.550 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 3.56% to close at 117.900.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 2.56% to 23.180 in late trade, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which lost 1.06% to settle at 88.450 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 0.69% to 159.300 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 497 to 207 and 76 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.32% to 12.44 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 1.10% or 14.25 to $1277.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.47% or 0.30 to hit $63.70 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.28% or 0.20 to trade at $71.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.18% to 1.1286, while EUR/GBP rose 0.18% to 0.8646.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 96.680.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.