The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 9.46% or 2.040 points to trade at 23.600 at the close. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) added 2.55% or 2.260 points to end at 90.830 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 2.02% or 3.50 points to 176.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 0.99% or 0.200 points to trade at 19.920 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 0.61% or 0.52 points to end at 84.48 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 0.55% or 0.440 points to 79.000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which rose 3.59% to 13.55, Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which was up 3.44% to settle at 11.8850 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 3.25% to close at 48.540.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 6.81% to 8.862 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 3.21% to settle at 92.920 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 2.35% to 26.6500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 11.58% to 14.115, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was up 3.65% to settle at 6.390 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 2.80% to close at 19.440.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 3.96% to 126.150 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 2.82% to settle at 15.840 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 1.22% to 42.120 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 470 to 223 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.47% to 14.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.06% or 0.80 to $1291.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.55% or 0.40 to hit $72.75 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.26% or 1.00 to trade at $80.22 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.06% to 1.1784, while EUR/GBP fell 0.14% to 0.8770.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 93.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.