The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 6.65% or 8.750 points to trade at 140.375 at the close. Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) added 4.57% or 4.68 points to end at 107.16 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 2.62% or 6.55 points to 256.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 4.44% or 0.905 points to trade at 19.465 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 1.67% or 0.330 points to end at 19.432 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 1.46% or 0.69 points to 46.41.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 5.41% to 95.4000, Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was up 3.01% to settle at 26.350 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 2.50% to close at 12.31.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 6.49% to 78.360 in late trade, Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which lost 3.43% to settle at 118.20 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was down 3.17% to 19.830 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 7.77% to 21.920, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 6.65% to settle at 140.375 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 5.11% to close at 95.125.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 6.49% to 78.360 in late trade, Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which lost 1.67% to settle at 19.432 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.61% to 8.840 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 360 to 337 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was unchanged 0.00% to 18.08 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.32% or 4.05 to $1281.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.72% or 0.44 to hit $61.84 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.53% or 0.37 to trade at $70.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1185, while EUR/GBP rose 0.51% to 0.8601.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 97.417.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.