The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 28.35% or 3.185 points to trade at 14.420 at the close. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) added 4.13% or 6.300 points to end at 159.000 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.65% or 0.360 points to 22.150 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which lost 3.16% or 1.760 points to trade at 53.890 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 1.99% or 0.375 points to end at 18.475 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 1.61% or 1.120 points to 68.600.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 9.56% to 100.300, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was up 8.81% to settle at 24.895 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which gained 5.00% to close at 15.4300.
The worst performers were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 3.42% to 23.14 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 1.48% to settle at 54.64 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 1.27% to 28.66 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 10.12% to 10.3050, Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was up 9.56% to settle at 100.300 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 4.12% to close at 33.8500.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 6.75% to 18.930 in late trade, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which lost 5.63% to settle at 343.50 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.02% to 8.710 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 410 to 297 and 71 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.85% to 18.44.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.28% or 3.65 to $1288.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.31% or 0.19 to hit $61.89 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.63% or 0.44 to trade at $70.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1237, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8626.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 97.058.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.