The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ), which rose 3.27% or 0.690 points to trade at 21.760 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 2.35% or 0.455 points to end at 19.825 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.68% or 1.510 points to 91.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 1.35% or 0.380 points to trade at 27.800 in late trade. Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) declined 0.43% or 0.70 points to end at 160.35 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) shed 0.30% or 0.045 points to 15.115.
The top performers on the MDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 3.03% to 36.705, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 2.66% to settle at 51.730 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which gained 2.63% to close at 27.945.
The worst performers were Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which was down 1.36% to 65.090 in late trade, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which lost 1.14% to settle at 52.910 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 0.69% to 84.310 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 12.09% to 12.845, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 5.46% to settle at 39.220 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 3.98% to close at 39.705.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 2.27% to 4.443 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 1.11% to settle at 15.980 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 1.10% to 27.750 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 525 to 234 and 28 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.40% to 14.86.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.53% or 7.04 to $1329.24 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.44% or 0.21 to hit $47.02 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.49% or 0.26 to trade at $52.60 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.25% to 1.1879, while EUR/GBP fell 0.59% to 0.9156.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 92.68.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.