The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 2.70% or 0.720 points to trade at 27.380 at the close. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) added 2.42% or 4.55 points to end at 192.20 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 2.40% or 2.600 points to 111.050 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which lost 1.39% or 1.50 points to trade at 106.40 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 0.84% or 0.740 points to end at 86.980 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) shed 0.57% or 0.075 points to 13.195.
The top performers on the MDAX were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which rose 4.72% to 57.240, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 3.65% to settle at 116.300 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which gained 3.16% to close at 84.180.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 6.09% to 0.24 in late trade, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which lost 1.18% to settle at 109.000 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 1.00% to 35.800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 4.53% to 58.900, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 3.48% to settle at 8.990 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 3.36% to close at 32.600.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 3.06% to 24.050 in late trade, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which lost 1.36% to settle at 13.810 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 1.05% to 33.05 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 463 to 240 and 96 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 6.78% to 16.95.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.52% or 6.80 to $1311.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.12% or 1.32 to hit $63.45 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.86% or 1.23 to trade at $67.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.62% to 1.2259, while EUR/GBP fell 0.44% to 0.8757.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.49% at 89.91.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.