The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 8.38% or 5.300 points to trade at 68.540 at the close. Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) added 6.23% or 12.7000 points to end at 216.4000 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 3.21% or 2.840 points to 91.420 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 4.51% or 0.980 points to trade at 20.760 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 1.98% or 0.420 points to end at 20.740 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 1.36% or 0.290 points to 20.960.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which rose 3.20% to 68.440, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was up 3.18% to settle at 438.50 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 2.95% to close at 34.50.
The worst performers were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 1.50% to 10.85 in late trade, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which lost 0.96% to settle at 47.58 and Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was down 0.78% to 107.46 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 5.87% to 9.232, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 5.38% to settle at 19.828 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 4.41% to close at 110.100.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 6.32% to 8.680 in late trade, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which lost 1.19% to settle at 24.92 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 0.89% to 20.000 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 430 to 270 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.48% to 14.65.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.28% or 3.30 to $1192.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.90% or 1.39 to hit $74.64 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.89% or 1.56 to trade at $84.29 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.31% to 1.1568, while EUR/GBP fell 0.33% to 0.8877.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 94.98.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.