The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 9.20% or 1.895 points to trade at 22.495 at the close. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) added 3.09% or 2.380 points to end at 79.280 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) was up 2.29% or 4.12 points to 184.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which lost 1.59% or 3.00 points to trade at 185.75 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.36% or 0.140 points to end at 10.166 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 0.53% or 0.110 points to 20.490.
The top performers on the MDAX were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which rose 4.78% to 30.280, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was up 4.50% to settle at 51.50 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which gained 4.38% to close at 31.190.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 1.73% to 6.946 in late trade, Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which lost 1.45% to settle at 74.700 and CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was down 1.27% to 40.480 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 4.48% to 119.000, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was up 3.49% to settle at 33.180 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which gained 3.07% to close at 42.990.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.65% to 12.480 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 1.53% to settle at 141.700 and Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was down 1.32% to 37.25 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 411 to 293 and 80 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.29% to 13.88.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.96% or 11.90 to $1227.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.39% or 0.26 to hit $66.81 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.18% or 0.13 to trade at $71.97 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.41% to 1.1662, while EUR/GBP rose 0.21% to 0.8867.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.47% at 94.71.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.