The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 4.20% or 0.860 points to trade at 21.350 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 3.09% or 0.690 points to end at 23.050 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 2.83% or 2.240 points to 81.520 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ), which lost 1.29% or 2.8000 points to trade at 214.4000 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 0.48% or 0.45 points to end at 92.96 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) shed 0.37% or 0.320 points to 85.600.
The top performers on the MDAX were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which rose 6.08% to 43.780, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was up 3.93% to settle at 31.470 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which gained 3.85% to close at 35.37.
The worst performers were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which was down 2.18% to 46.620 in late trade, Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which lost 1.47% to settle at 73.600 and Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was down 0.30% to 107.24 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 5.95% to 137.950, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.85% to settle at 12.750 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 3.68% to close at 24.26.
The worst performers were Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 6.35% to 40.260 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 1.90% to settle at 19.660 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 1.18% to 117.600 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 495 to 197 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.99% to 13.74 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.07% or 0.80 to $1226.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.55% or 0.37 to hit $67.53 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.75% or 0.54 to trade at $72.70 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.06% to 1.1653, while EUR/GBP rose 0.37% to 0.8925.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 94.79.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.