The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 9.20% or 6.350 points to trade at 75.350 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 3.26% or 1.760 points to end at 55.780 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 3.20% or 0.570 points to 18.410 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which lost 3.55% or 7.30 points to trade at 198.60 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) declined 3.46% or 2.660 points to end at 74.260 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 1.51% or 1.380 points to 90.280.
The top performers on the MDAX were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which rose 6.23% to 37.500, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was up 4.32% to settle at 36.68 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 3.55% to close at 19.385.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 3.07% to 34.69 in late trade, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which lost 2.23% to settle at 72.760 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 1.93% to 457.00 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Patrizia Immobilien AG (DE: PATGn ) which rose 6.39% to 17.820, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 4.83% to settle at 9.120 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 4.00% to close at 14.550.
The worst performers were Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which was down 3.66% to 136.70 in late trade, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which lost 2.64% to settle at 258.50 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 2.44% to 38.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 496 to 200 and 84 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.09% to 19.21.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.42% or 5.10 to $1228.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.95% or 0.59 to hit $61.62 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.26% or 0.19 to trade at $71.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.29% to 1.1460, while EUR/GBP fell 0.05% to 0.8721.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 95.78.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.