The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 3.97% or 0.755 points to trade at 19.795 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 2.42% or 2.350 points to end at 99.350 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 2.41% or 5.10 points to 216.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 10.11% or 11.725 points to trade at 104.225 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 2.03% or 2.04 points to end at 98.36 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 1.22% or 0.260 points to 21.130.
The top performers on the MDAX were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which rose 2.74% to 149.900, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 2.74% to settle at 7.42 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which gained 2.64% to close at 32.700.
The worst performers were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 4.25% to 26.610 in late trade, Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which lost 2.62% to settle at 28.660 and Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which was down 1.38% to 13.610 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 4.41% to 35.50, Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which was up 3.97% to settle at 19.795 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 2.74% to close at 149.900.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 10.11% to 104.225 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 3.84% to settle at 12.260 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 2.27% to 6.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 443 to 256 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.71% to 13.41 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.52% or 6.75 to $1301.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.24% or 0.14 to hit $58.47 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.04% or 0.03 to trade at $67.20 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.16% to 1.1321, while EUR/GBP fell 0.13% to 0.8522.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 96.580.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.