Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.87%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Software , Consumer & Cyclical and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.87%, while the MDAX index gained 0.33%, and the TecDAX index gained 1.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 4.79% or 0.580 points to trade at 12.695 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 4.38% or 6.300 points to end at 150.050 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 2.69% or 6.75 points to 257.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which lost 1.18% or 1.200 points to trade at 100.100 in late trade. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) declined 1.10% or 0.168 points to end at 15.118 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 0.43% or 0.100 points to 23.240.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 2.81% to 72.52, Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was up 2.80% to settle at 29.340 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 2.69% to close at 148.900.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 2.31% to 14.175 in late trade, MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which lost 1.72% to settle at 200.00 and Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 1.31% to 67.850 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 4.38% to 150.050, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 2.69% to settle at 148.900 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 2.65% to close at 13.570.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 1.33% to 31.08 in late trade, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which lost 1.24% to settle at 18.370 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) which was down 1.10% to 15.118 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 438 to 260 and 77 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.23% to 16.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.36% or 4.65 to $1272.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.19% or 0.12 to hit $63.09 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.06% or 0.04 to trade at $71.93 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.1161, while EUR/GBP fell 0.09% to 0.8766.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 97.877.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or