The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 4.83% or 0.422 points to trade at 9.165 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 2.76% or 0.253 points to end at 9.410 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 2.58% or 4.55 points to 180.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 1.14% or 0.46 points to trade at 39.90 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 0.88% or 0.170 points to end at 19.225 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 0.68% or 0.062 points to 9.010.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 2.77% to 142.85, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 2.60% to settle at 52.800 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 2.38% to close at 13.36.
The worst performers were Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 1.29% to 26.780 in late trade, Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which lost 0.95% to settle at 155.70 and Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which was down 0.61% to 11.4500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which rose 7.00% to 40.380, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was up 5.49% to settle at 37.300 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which gained 3.68% to close at 62.000.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 15.18% to 15.887 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 4.77% to settle at 20.760 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 2.63% to 122.000 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 461 to 253 and 76 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 6.61% to 16.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.24% or 3.10 to $1297.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.34% or 0.23 to hit $66.81 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.97% or 0.75 to trade at $76.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.1672, while EUR/GBP fell 0.64% to 0.8738.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 94.09.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.