The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 3.74% or 4.950 points to trade at 137.400 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 2.62% or 0.580 points to end at 22.730 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 2.37% or 2.800 points to 120.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 3.70% or 3.54 points to trade at 92.14 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 3.12% or 0.410 points to end at 12.740 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 2.02% or 1.14 points to 55.33.
The top performers on the MDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 5.23% to 22.750, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 4.83% to settle at 167.000 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which gained 4.34% to close at 7.720.
The worst performers were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which was down 4.90% to 43.500 in late trade, LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which lost 2.45% to settle at 107.700 and Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was down 1.89% to 114.00 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 5.23% to 22.750, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.88% to settle at 10.2400 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 4.83% to close at 167.000.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.86% to 8.325 in late trade, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which lost 0.86% to settle at 86.000 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 0.57% to 138.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 480 to 223 and 66 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.20% to 17.79.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.41% or 5.35 to $1296.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.39% or 0.85 to hit $61.89 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.65% or 1.16 to trade at $71.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.11% to 1.1211, while EUR/GBP rose 0.24% to 0.8680.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 97.312.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.