Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.99%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Transportation & Logistics and Retail sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.99%, while the MDAX index added 1.17%, and the TecDAX index climbed 1.49%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 5.86% or 5.685 points to trade at 102.725 at the close. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) added 2.45% or 0.620 points to end at 25.880 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 2.40% or 0.173 points to 7.371 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 0.46% or 0.44 points to trade at 94.64 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) declined 0.17% or 0.120 points to end at 69.410 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) gained 0.14% or 0.020 points to 14.160.
The top performers on the MDAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which rose 4.33% to 6.368, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 3.81% to settle at 139.000 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 3.57% to close at 26.09.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which was down 2.96% to 4.759 in late trade, Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which lost 2.16% to settle at 56.750 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 1.65% to 82.14 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 5.33% to 12.260, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which was up 5.18% to settle at 52.800 and WashTec AG O.N. (DE: WSUG ) which gained 4.10% to close at 61.000.
The worst performers were Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which was down 7.55% to 8.210 in late trade, Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which lost 2.96% to settle at 4.759 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 2.96% to 9.19 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 530 to 171 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 6.98% to 17.47.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.46% or 6.05 to $1312.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.67% or 0.88 to hit $51.84 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 1.05% or 0.65 to trade at $61.45 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.44% to 1.1279, while EUR/GBP rose 0.30% to 0.8771.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.45% at 96.847.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or