The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 3.48% or 0.790 points to trade at 23.520 at the close. Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) added 3.38% or 6.2500 points to end at 190.9500 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 2.28% or 1.700 points to 76.240 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which lost 0.38% or 0.320 points to trade at 83.680 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) unchanged 0.00% or 0.000 points to end at 91.560 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) gained 0.05% or 0.006 points to 11.526.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 7.41% to 66.650, Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was up 3.03% to settle at 45.600 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which gained 2.56% to close at 30.390.
The worst performers were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 3.21% to 61.850 in late trade, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which lost 1.00% to settle at 43.65 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 0.67% to 23.86 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which rose 6.82% to 23.180, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was up 5.30% to settle at 21.460 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 5.02% to close at 13.185.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.66% to 13.600 in late trade, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which lost 0.84% to settle at 152.90 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 0.42% to 43.020 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 501 to 205 and 66 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.10% to 14.65 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.05% or 0.70 to $1314.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.23% or 0.86 to hit $70.58 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.67% or 1.25 to trade at $76.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.29% to 1.1926, while EUR/GBP fell 0.55% to 0.8792.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 92.57.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.