The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which rose 3.51% or 4.55 points to trade at 134.00 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 3.02% or 1.380 points to end at 47.020 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 2.92% or 1.390 points to 48.950 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 1.95% or 0.285 points to trade at 14.340 in late trade. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) declined 1.31% or 1.350 points to end at 101.850 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 0.86% or 0.38 points to 43.99.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 7.98% to 92.540, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 4.30% to settle at 33.730 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which gained 4.14% to close at 85.54.
The worst performers were United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 1.45% to 31.300 in late trade, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which lost 0.78% to settle at 35.44 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 0.77% to 17.3100 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which rose 7.79% to 21.850, Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which was up 6.43% to settle at 27.4600 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 5.10% to close at 9.8500.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 2.12% to 12.000 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 2.07% to settle at 9.00 and Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was down 1.42% to 2.09 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 484 to 201 and 87 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.44% to 16.52.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.06% or 0.85 to $1312.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 2.25% or 1.18 to hit $53.59 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 2.23% or 1.37 to trade at $62.88 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1317, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8786.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 96.607.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.