The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 3.69% or 2.720 points to trade at 76.420 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 2.63% or 0.560 points to end at 21.830 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) was up 2.50% or 4.32 points to 177.02 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 0.81% or 1.60 points to trade at 195.55 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 0.64% or 0.92 points to end at 142.22 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) shed 0.18% or 0.100 points to 55.130.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 6.38% to 35.00, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was up 4.64% to settle at 27.50 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which gained 4.18% to close at 112.15.
The worst performers were RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 7.26% to 58.100 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 6.34% to settle at 21.7300 and Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which was down 2.89% to 30.260 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 7.57% to 19.900, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 5.40% to settle at 8.698 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 4.94% to close at 22.08.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 2.23% to 52.60 in late trade, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which lost 0.97% to settle at 35.35 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 0.49% to 49.060 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 513 to 202 and 68 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 9.22% to 17.83.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.27% or 3.40 to $1254.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.63% or 0.46 to hit $73.91 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.91% or 1.48 to trade at $79.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.96% to 1.1679, while EUR/GBP rose 0.03% to 0.8849.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.76% at 94.28.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.