The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 3.70% or 0.990 points to trade at 27.750 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 3.21% or 2.020 points to end at 65.000 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 2.79% or 1.04 points to 38.38 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 6.12% or 1.840 points to trade at 28.210 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 0.64% or 1.00 points to end at 156.00 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) shed 0.30% or 0.040 points to 13.160.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 3.26% to 45.90, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was up 2.77% to settle at 45.580 and Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which gained 2.36% to close at 108.300.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 7.33% to 10.050 in late trade, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which lost 4.43% to settle at 36.660 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 3.56% to 0.29 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 8.01% to 33.700, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 4.67% to settle at 114.400 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 3.65% to close at 16.315.
The worst performers were Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 5.61% to 137.15 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 2.06% to settle at 9.120 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 1.77% to 14.150 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 422 to 303 and 73 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.38% to 19.64.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.63% or 8.40 to $1326.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 2.70% or 1.69 to hit $60.91 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 2.34% or 1.54 to trade at $64.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.07% to 1.2395, while EUR/GBP fell 0.01% to 0.8931.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 89.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.