The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which rose 2.99% or 4.65 points to trade at 160.10 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 2.51% or 3.46 points to end at 141.46 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) was up 2.48% or 1.360 points to 56.110 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which added 0.02% or 0.002 points to trade at 9.497 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 0.25% or 0.250 points to end at 100.550 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) gained 0.27% or 0.30 points to 111.90.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which rose 12.23% to 13.3500, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was up 4.10% to settle at 6.700 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which gained 2.73% to close at 11.68.
The worst performers were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was down 2.46% to 38.040 in late trade, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which lost 0.46% to settle at 12.93 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 0.21% to 33.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 7.90% to 11.232, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 4.15% to settle at 140.700 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 4.11% to close at 21.760.
The worst performers were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 1.47% to 73.600 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 0.72% to settle at 68.850 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 0.12% to 129.950 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 509 to 200 and 74 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.08% to 14.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.23% or 2.80 to $1216.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.04% or 0.03 to hit $68.69 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.18% or 0.14 to trade at $76.27 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.45% to 1.1675, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.9058.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.39% at 94.71.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.