The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ), which rose 4.49% or 9.0000 points to trade at 209.6000 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 4.05% or 5.78 points to end at 148.48 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) was up 3.76% or 2.120 points to 58.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 1.74% or 0.72 points to trade at 40.56 in late trade. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) declined 0.92% or 1.00 points to end at 107.85 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 0.29% or 0.280 points to 97.020.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 7.88% to 34.65, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 5.70% to settle at 12.80 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 4.58% to close at 38.820.
The worst performers were Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was down 3.46% to 21.76 in late trade, Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which lost 1.83% to settle at 6.980 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 1.33% to 40.930 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 6.13% to 13.850, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was up 5.31% to settle at 57.50 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 4.90% to close at 120.850.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 1.31% to 105.300 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which lost 0.45% to settle at 31.160 and Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which was down 0.45% to 31.060 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 455 to 261 and 60 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.77% to 16.84.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.38% or 4.80 to $1258.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.39% or 1.03 to hit $73.11 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.17% or 0.13 to trade at $78.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.33% to 1.1694, while EUR/GBP rose 0.36% to 0.8842.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 94.11.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.