The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 4.12% or 6.38 points to trade at 161.38 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 4.03% or 2.670 points to end at 68.970 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) was up 3.68% or 0.920 points to 25.940 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ), which lost 1.63% or 2.70 points to trade at 163.00 in late trade. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) declined 0.94% or 0.100 points to end at 10.544 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 0.59% or 0.120 points to 20.060.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which rose 3.67% to 68.280, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was up 3.33% to settle at 35.960 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which gained 3.30% to close at 12.54.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was unchanged 1.75% to 0.22 in late trade, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which lost 0.76% to settle at 24.750 and Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which was down 0.54% to 37.000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 10.77% to 91.000, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 7.20% to settle at 14.450 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 5.89% to close at 15.900.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 15.82% to 17.290 in late trade, S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which lost 10.34% to settle at 18.290 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 3.53% to 19.295 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 479 to 211 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 10.73% to 18.44.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.06% or 0.80 to $1323.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.54% or 0.35 to hit $64.73 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.47% or 0.32 to trade at $69.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.11% to 1.2296, while EUR/GBP rose 0.26% to 0.8767.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 89.76.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.