Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 1.36%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Technology and Media sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 1.36% to hit a new 1-month high, while the MDAX index added 1.06%, and the TecDAX index added 0.99%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 4.92% or 2.230 points to trade at 47.590 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 4.19% or 6.10 points to end at 151.64 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 3.95% or 0.309 points to 8.131 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ), which lost 0.67% or 0.095 points to trade at 14.095 in late trade. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) declined 0.66% or 1.30 points to end at 196.00 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 0.37% or 0.320 points to 85.200.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 5.36% to 92.40, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was up 5.22% to settle at 49.000 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 5.19% to close at 90.000.
The worst performers were Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 1.82% to 24.820 in late trade, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which lost 1.26% to settle at 71.900 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was down 1.16% to 127.80 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Corestate Capital Holding SA (DE: CCAG ) which rose 5.70% to 31.5000, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which was up 5.66% to settle at 50.400 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which gained 5.25% to close at 34.090.
The worst performers were Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which was down 2.26% to 112.30 in late trade, CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which lost 2.13% to settle at 43.240 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 1.76% to 46.920 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 502 to 205 and 72 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.89% to 16.55.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 1.39% or 17.75 to $1297.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.77% or 0.41 to hit $53.54 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.59% or 0.36 to trade at $61.45 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.88% to 1.1404, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8663.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.76% at 95.565.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or