Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 1.40%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Technology , Food & Beverages and Software sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 1.40%, while the MDAX index climbed 2.92%, and the TecDAX index climbed 3.48%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 4.53% or 0.820 points to trade at 18.940 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 3.01% or 2.950 points to end at 100.960 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 2.94% or 1.13 points to 39.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ), which added 0.09% or 0.060 points to trade at 69.230 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 0.27% or 0.21 points to end at 78.28 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) gained 0.45% or 0.82 points to 182.88.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 9.26% to 49.32, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 8.13% to settle at 39.640 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 6.43% to close at 48.640.
The worst performers were Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 5.13% to 29.580 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 3.27% to settle at 94.76 and Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 1.50% to 4.726 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 10.58% to 41.80, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 9.80% to settle at 17.92 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 7.55% to close at 22.22.
The worst performers were Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 5.13% to 29.580 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 3.55% to settle at 46.200 and Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which was down 1.50% to 4.726 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 562 to 160 and 57 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.71% to 19.01.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.15% or 1.90 to $1232.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.22% or 0.16 to hit $71.94 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.41% or 0.33 to trade at $81.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.1589, while EUR/GBP fell 0.30% to 0.8777.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 94.67.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or