The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 5.08% or 2.420 points to trade at 50.040 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 4.79% or 0.391 points to end at 8.561 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) was up 2.92% or 3.850 points to 135.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which lost 1.79% or 2.050 points to trade at 112.500 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 1.70% or 3.45 points to end at 199.25 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 0.57% or 0.56 points to 97.36.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which rose 5.17% to 83.400, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was up 3.97% to settle at 18.0800 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 3.87% to close at 3.597.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 13.19% to 45.820 in late trade, MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which lost 1.34% to settle at 177.10 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was down 1.23% to 20.88 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which rose 10.42% to 39.7500, SGL Carbon SE (DE: SGCG ) which was up 5.70% to settle at 9.090 and Sixt AG ST O.N. (DE: SIXG ) which gained 4.78% to close at 82.250.
The worst performers were Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was down 2.65% to 40.400 in late trade, Indus Holding AG (DE: INHG ) which lost 1.08% to settle at 41.200 and Hapag Lloyd AG (DE: HLAG ) which was down 0.99% to 29.9600 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 484 to 226 and 68 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.74% to 19.06.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.02% or 0.30 to $1228.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 2.54% or 1.28 to hit $51.70 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.79% or 1.65 to trade at $60.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1341, while EUR/GBP rose 0.01% to 0.8849.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 96.895.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.