The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde PLC (DE: LINI ), which rose 4.04% or 5.500 points to trade at 141.800 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 3.63% or 5.12 points to end at 146.10 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 3.37% or 2.05 points to 62.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 1.34% or 0.57 points to trade at 42.01 in late trade. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) declined 0.94% or 0.240 points to end at 25.280 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 0.55% or 0.220 points to 39.660.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 5.91% to 75.49, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 5.55% to settle at 18.265 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which gained 3.69% to close at 17.1200.
The worst performers were Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 2.50% to 8.96 in late trade, Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which lost 2.44% to settle at 19.22 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 2.18% to 96.980 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 9.08% to 0.10, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 6.52% to settle at 8.000 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 6.38% to close at 8.802.
The worst performers were Hornbach Holding VZO O.N. (DE: HBH ) which was down 16.37% to 42.150 in late trade, KWS SAAT AG O.N. (DE: KWSG ) which lost 8.18% to settle at 252.50 and Adler Real Estate AG (DE: ADLG ) which was down 4.16% to 14.28 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 508 to 199 and 74 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 9.67% to 21.76.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.02% or 0.20 to $1249.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.12% or 0.57 to hit $51.57 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.45% or 0.27 to trade at $60.24 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.37% to 1.1313, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.9032.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 97.450.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.