The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 4.46% or 0.950 points to trade at 22.230 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 4.30% or 4.800 points to end at 116.450 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 3.49% or 6.00 points to 177.84 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which lost 1.14% or 1.20 points to trade at 104.20 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 0.19% or 0.180 points to end at 93.740 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) gained 0.34% or 0.34 points to 99.62.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 6.05% to 50.66, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 4.03% to settle at 63.200 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which gained 4.00% to close at 54.140.
The worst performers were STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which was down 1.96% to 82.200 in late trade, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which lost 1.03% to settle at 105.300 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 0.96% to 37.020 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 8.49% to 19.240, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 6.43% to settle at 12.617 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which gained 5.83% to close at 31.960.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 3.73% to 32.25 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 2.91% to settle at 21.340 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 1.92% to 5.610 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 459 to 245 and 64 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.31% to 15.32.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.05% or 0.60 to $1306.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.45% or 0.30 to hit $67.55 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.01% or 0.01 to trade at $73.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.27% to 1.1961, while EUR/GBP fell 0.11% to 0.8798.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 92.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.